Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default DISH TV

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:

> >> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
> >> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
> >> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
> >> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
> >> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
> >> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
> >> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
> >> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
> >>
> >> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
> >> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> >For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs.. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

> if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
> and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
> you really need an antenna for is the local news.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Indeed I did use a small digital antenna. There's nothing on air. A likely reason is a giant wall of rock shielding our line of sight to the central spine of Oahu.

I've been trying to get my OCD Chinese friend to check out Pluto TV but he no like because he's OCD. My guess is that streaming live TV like the Pluto app/channel is the future of TV.

https://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/700x/cdn..._b-700x467.jpg