Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Potatoes and onions

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:45:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Someone who gets those produce boxes delivered gave my brother two full
>boxes. They were going away and couldn't use it all up. Now I have a ton of
>potatoes and onions. Angela has the same. She took some other things. Not
>sure what they'll do with all the broccoli. Now... What to do with them?
>They are russet potatoes and yellow onions. I do have a pot roast in the
>freezer. I could get some more carrots and make that since our weather is
>turning cooler. I love free food!

If I had them I would know what to do with them. We're old
fashioned, Mid-West eaters. Baked potatoes are always good -- lots
of potassium other vitamins and fiber in there. Lots of side dish
recipes. You can boil, bake and mash them Check the Web. Onions?
I'd chop most of them up, lay them on trays, freeze them and then bag
them. Otherwise there are a bunch of onion dishes that use a lot of
them.
Check the Web.
Janet US