Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default My ongoing pizza trouble

In article >, says...

> On 6/19/2020 5:05 PM, Thomas wrote:
> > Using 00 flour, making thin pies.
> > Cuisinart stone in oven. Whether 550 deg or 450 i cannot get crust to nicley brown before burning top.
> > I tried up top in oven and down low.
> > I tried low then opening oven door to let top heat out.
> > The pies are really good but could be better.
> > What do I need to do to get the crust better?
> >

> How long do you heat up the stone? I always gave it 20 to 30 minutes.
> Bottom rack. Could your sauce be making your crust too wet before it
> bakes?

Forget the stone, its just a fancy folderol.

Cook your pizza on a thin metal tray (such as a cookie tray; or a
roasting tin turned upside down).

Preheat the oven, arrange pizza on cold tray, place tray on shelf in
oven.

Also you might use an oven thermometer to check your oven's
temperature thermostat matches the dial settings ( all of them) Older
ovens sometimes get a bit out of sync.

If the oven temps don't match dial settings, allow for the difference
when you set the dial. Or fit a new thermostat.

Janet UK