Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lucretia Borgia Lucretia Borgia is offline

Default 3 or 4 meals

On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:24:06 AM UTC-4, me wrote:
>
>> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

>It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
>a salad.
>
>It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
>spicier food nowadays?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I sometimes think it depends on ones individual taste buds. While I
love a hot curry I find Mexican type heat made with jalapeno's etc.
unpleasant. I also wonder if too much Mexican dulls the palate
because I am surprised at what people will add to scallops for one
because their own mild flavour is what is so nice about them.