Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Martin[_4_] Sheldon Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Saturday Night Dinner, 5/23/2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
>No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>char-grilled taste.

Tonight's dinner was Johnsonville Beer Brats, slowly pan fried until
golden brown on all sides, served with white rice rather than bread.
Was very good, quick, and easy. White rice was in the freezer, just
needed nuking. Fried two packs of brats, enough to do the same
tomorrow but maybe with egg noodles and a salad.
Rained this morning so messed up my planned mowing, hopefully I'll get
to mow tomorrow. But in the afternoon we wheelbarrowed topsoil into
the garden, it'll soon be tilled and planted, our potted seeds are now
up.
I'm watching Canada geese marching, eating, and pooping... they were
here first.