Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Contrast

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I consumed 2088 kWh last month.

> Yikes, Cindy! I consumed 195 kWh last month.
>
> I just paid the bill yesterday so I happened to have
> the info right here on my desk this morning.
> My bill was $32.56
>
> And with many minor things turned on almost 24/7 too.
> - 2 lights (led)
> - 2 fans (bedroom and bathroom)
> - TV and 2 clocks
> - answering machine
> - one computer
> - fridge (naturally)
>
> And many other things turned off and on as necessary.
>
> Looking at my "Usage History" on the bill, my highest
> usage was last July. 679 kWh.
>
> That was a very hot, humid and miserable damn month
> and the AC stayed on often. Early mornings were the
> worst with humidy and no wind. Wearing only a t-shirt
> and shorts, I would start sweating just walking from
> my front door to my van - about 40 steps.

Central air here and there's a big difference in an apartment and a
house. I think you once mentioned it's a 2br apartment? Something I
vaguely recall about a workroom that was probably the 2nd bedroom?

Here is quite a bit bigger. Home built in 1963. Like housing then, it
has it's quirks but in any development, you have some in each block
that are upscale of the others. Thats mine. Not obviously bigger from
the street view, it's 7 feet longer (front to back) and some 3ft wider.
It's been added to over the years so has a huge back screened porch
that is 13ft x 44ft plus the corner end was enclosed to a sunroom aka
'4th bedroom' (but technically enclosed porch by VA building code
because the ceiling is 7.5ft). The 1.5 garage was enclosed to an extra
family room.

Clocks in at just over 2,000 sqft. Just under 1,000kwh for April for
$125.