Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default Ross's Goose

Gary wrote:

> GM wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > Yoose better go out to the barn and have a serious conference
> > > with all your ferals and let them know that the little ones
> > > in the yard are "off limits."

> > Oh, the goose parents will keep any kitties (or other possible predators) with "ideas" at bay...although if they go for a swim where there might be snapping turtles lurking around and they might be in danger...

> Even arctic foxes get plenty of baby geese hunting alone.
> Just a matter of try and try again.
> Wild cats could do the same.
>
> If his family of barn cats made a plan to hunt in a group,
> just like wolves do, they could take out the entire goose
> family easily. Start with the adults then save the babies
> for snacks later.
>
> In Sheldon's area, hawks or eagles would have no problem
> snatching one as desired.
>
> Not only that, remember Sheldon bought a nifty 12-guage
> which is good for the occasional goose dinner.
>
> I don't even trust his intentions.

Well, I don't think a wild goose would make a very good dinner...especially with having to remove all that shot...

;-)

Just saw a silly joke that has nothing to do with this topic:

"A man is walking around blowing a horn. Asked why, he said it was to frighten off the elephants. Told that there are no elephants in New York, he said
€œSee €“ it works!'

;-P

--
Best