Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
> >> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
> >> of TP on shelves in small towns.

> > Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
> > to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
> >

> I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
> maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

There's an entire culture known as "survivalists" that plan for
a huge disaster and complete breakdown of society. They stockpile
years worth of food and anything else that might be necessary.

They're also well armed to defend their family and property
if necessary.