Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

" wrote:

> I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
> of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
> of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
> the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
> I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
for a napkin or blowing nose. If you tear from the perforated
side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
do this but I haven't tried all.
You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.

I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip. Slowly stockpiling back when
they were plentiful. I did that just in case they went out of
business or the store quit selling them. That seems to
happen with me a lot. Love a product and then they're gone
forever.

I still have over a dozen left but I hope they return soon.
I always keep 4 rolls open at a time.
- one for kitchen
- one in bedroom
- one by computer
- one in van

I highly recommend this brand. Just try one and see what
you think. They are small and loosely rolled so they aren't
compressed and are very soft.

35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
Brand is "SPA" paper towels.

Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
at least nationwide.