Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 4:33:38 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> It's called Select-A-Size for a reason, you can tear off a full sheet
> or half a sheet... WTF is so difficult to comprehend?

Every time I tear a sheet all I get is the half sheet which to me is pretty
useless. It's not enough to dry my hands and pretty useless for any task.

> You can tear
> off a 1 1/2 sheet size, a 2 sheet size or as much as you need. The
> perforations tear very neatly, no lint, I think it's a fantastic idea,
> definitely saves on waste, it's rare that I need a whole sheet.

Different wants and usage between us. For me, a half sheet is a waste
because now I have to go back and get more which invariably turns into
another useless half sheet.

> Before
> Select-A-Size I used to cut a stack of full size sheets in half with
> scissors. A half sheet is the perfect size for nose blowing, and they
> are stronger, softer, and more absorbant than Kleenex.

I don't use paper towels for nose blowing, for me it's always a Kleenex
and occasionally a few sheets of toilet paper. But I don't agree paper
towels are softer than a tissue.