Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Contrast

On 5/15/2020 1:14 PM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> If people would include a very short description of what the
>>> link shows, I would most likely check out more of them.

>> Why yes, if only people would do what we wanted them to do, life would certainly be sweet, eh? As we all know, Americans don't like being told what to do - things like wearing a mask when among others or self-quarantining.

> I've been self-quarantining for 2 months now and I do wear a mask
> when going to a store. Grocery store with mask today...first trip
> out in 15 days.

There he goes again making sweeping statements about all Americans. As
if he isn't one.

I've been self-quarantining for two months at least. Not a problem for
me since I really don't feel the need to congregate or socialize with a
bunch of people. I'm perfectly happy with books and my cat and waving
at neighbors when I go to the mailbox. Bird watching and just had a
bunch of does (deer) come wandering up as I sit here at my desk.

I limit contact with people and maintain a 6 foot distance when I'm
shopping. Last time I went I wore a scarf tied like a bandana.

> What is your problem? I certainly hope your attitude doesn't
> represent all of Hawaii. If this gets out, you'll lose your
> valuable tourist industry. Even though you're not part of
> that industry, it does affect your prices of everything.

I think he likes to stir stuff up. Ophelia hangs on his every word as
if it's the gospel about what goes on in the United States. I don't get
it. In another thread that drifted to generators and power outages he
told Cindy she'd be better off (during an extended electric outage) to
run her central air conditioning using the battery from her electric
car. Um, she doesn't have an electric car. Even if she did, it's a
stupid idea.

He's as bad as Kuthe if he thinks anyone could (or should) power central
air using a car battery for any length of time. The battery would run
down in hours and hey, if the power is out, how could she recharge the
car battery. Answer is, she couldn't. That's why she bought a gas
generator in the first place.

He talks a lot but he doesn't say much. I'm not planning to live on
kelp or 3-D printed faux food in my lifetime, either. Heh.

> As I just posted, I look at all your food pics as they always
> look and sound good. Plus I know that I'm clicking on a link
> of your meal.

I've looked at some of his food pictures. They look fine but the
majority seem to be take-out meals.

Jill