Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Dover Sole!

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:25:59 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > > A few years ago I was looking for leeks at Publix. (I had potato-leek
> > > soup in mind.)

> > That has a real name.

> The real name you're thinking of only applies if the soup is served
> cold. Jill doesn't do cold soups.

I used the "New York Times" cookbook recipe.
I seem to remember they said to also puree it, then chill.

Neither of those final options appealed to me so I ate
it all hot and chunky. Same ingredients and taste.

Changing the name because of that seems a bit odd to me.
If ordered in a restaurant though, it would be expected
to be pureed and chilled.