Old 16-04-2020, 05:16 PM posted to rec.food.baking
MummyChunk MummyChunk is offline

Default Where have all the flours gone?

bob prohaska wrote:
It seems flour, especially bread flour but also everything else,
has gotten extremely scarce in the last few weeks. I can't even
find it on-line.

My needs aren't urgent, but when the stock gets below a couple
5-lb bags I start looking to replenish. Not possible right now.

Anybody got a hint what's going on? I can't believe all that many
folks are actually making their own bread.....

As an unrelated aside, there's a nice, if sentimental, article on
French baking culture in:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-bread-in-lyon

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

For the last couple of weeks of March and maybe
1st week of April it was hard to find flour in my area's stores. Just
had another trip couple days ago and things seem to be returning to
normal.

They even had toilet paper at the local Walmart

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...5197#538915197