anko eater

"Musashi" > wrote in message
om...

"nut" > wrote in message
m...
> i see people fishing for carp in some ponds.
>
> carp is a big fat uglyass fish. it doesn't look all that appetizing.
>
> can you eat that carp or crap?
>
> how do you prepare it? what's it taste like?

Yes Carp can and is eaten all over the world. Even farm raised for the
purpose of eating.
In Japan while "some" carp is eaten, most of the fish eaten are sal****er so
you won't see it too often.
In China, particularly inland, carp is a very important food fish. They fry
up
the whole fish crispy then pour a brown sauce over it.
Israel has been farm raising Carp for decades. Hungarians make a baked carp
with paprika.
Anyone from Germany to the Eastern European countries knows Carp as a
food fish. Carp is an important ingredient in the Jewish "Gefilite Fish".
Once I was fishing and landed a carp..maybe 10 lbs. Some guy came up to me
and asked
me if he could have it. Naturally I gave it to him. I asked him where he was
from as he
had an accent and he said "Yugoslavia".
Some delicatessens that carry a wide variety of smoked fish sometimes carry
"sable". This is smoked carp.
Carp tend to taste muddy.Some people keep a carp alive in a tub for a couple
of days in the hopes of getting the "muddyness" out. Others,especially
Europeans say to eat only Winter Carp cause
they dont pick up the the muddy smell.
I tried Carp once. Simply panfried. Tasted like a boring nondescript "fish".
I suppose if I were starving it might taste good.
If I ever try it again I think I will smoke it.

Try Funazushi of Oumi once. It's often an awful food for many Japanese, but
the funny thing is, many Europeans seem to like it because they are used to
the smell of cheese.