Dave Smith

TLOlczyk wrote:

> >water splashed on the pan dances around. And for goodness sake, do
> >yourself a favour and get rid of the mix. Pancakes are very simple to
> >make and use pantry staples, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, egg
> >and oil or melted butter. Even better are buttermilk pancakes.

> Does Bisquick count as a mix?

In my books anything that comes premixed and contains only basic kitchen
staples is a mix and usually a waste of money. There is nothing in pancakes
that should not be on hand in a kitchen of even a rank amateur cook. The same
goes for biscuits.

Speaking of pancakes........ I was in the grocery store last week helping my
mother with her weekly shopping. I saw a guy walk by with three boxes of Eggos
and three 1/2 liter bottles of maple syrup, the real stuff not "pancake syrup"
(yech). I couldn't help but think that there was a guy who really liked syrup
on his waffles. Maybe he should have used a cart of a basket because while
he was standing in line to check out he dropped a bottle of syrup. What a
mess.