Bob Pastorio

Default Rotisserie grill experiences?

Ablang wrote:

> I'm pondering the purchase of a Rotisserie grill (George Foreman or
> otherwise), but I want to hear people's experiences on them.
>
> Are they really slow cookers that will eventually make your chicken
> all nice and crispy, and still seal in the juices?

They're a way of cooking that alternately heats and cools the surface.
As the bird turns, the side facing the heat elements get a blast of
radiant heat. The side that just passed it has a moment to cool
slightly before coming back to the heat. It's a good roasting
technique if your heat source is very hot.

Additionally, any rendered liquids trickle around the turning bird and
baste it. The rendered fats will help to crisp the surface by frying
it. Makes for a very tasty result.

*Nothing* seals in the juices.

Pastorio

What is a good price to