Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Keeps America Free

On 2020-02-14 4:19 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> Agreed, and in 99.9% of cases, buffet food is disgusting. At least the
>> Western concept of buffet is disgusting. I do like the Asian approach
>> where you cook your own fresh fish, meat and veggies at your own table
>> though.

> I've been to some buffets that were really excellent, especially
> brunch buffet at a decent hotel. A whole table of various kinds of fish
> (smoked and steamed, served cold). Omelets made to order. Delicious pastries.
> Way back when, I actually could eat enough to make it worth ponying up the $20
> or more--which was a lot of money in those days.

I have had some great breakfast buffets at European hotels. Some had a
somewhat limited variety of foods, but very high quality. Several in
France and Germany had a much wider range of foods, and all excellent
quality. They had the usual bacon, eggs,ham, sausage, but there was
also a variety of nice cheeses and cold cuts, breads, rolls, pastries,
fruit, juice, yogurt, gravlox.....