zxcvbob

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> in article , zxcvbob at
> wrote on 9/27/04 9:31 PM:
>

>>>How much do these things go for? Is about $20 a great deal, or is that so
>>>cheap that the quality would be suspect?
>>>
>>>Have never bought one of these before, don't plan to buy more than one, so i
>>>want it to be a decently durable one.
>>>
>>>Thanks for you advice.
>>>

>>What markings does it have on it? Is it tin-plated, or chromed?
>>
>>Hopefully it's not a "Universal #2 Food Chopper". (I bought one out of
>>curiosity, and it's worthless.)
>>
>>You want a #10 or a #12. Number 8 is OK, but #5 is too small. Anything
>>smaller will be a non-standard size and you won't be able to get knives
>>and plates for it, plus anything smaller will be pitifully slow.
>>
>>Do you still have the rusty old one, or did you throw it out?
>>
>>Bob

> No, I tossed it.
>
> I'm thinking it's tin-plated, rather than chrome. It's not shiny enough to
> be chrome, I don't think.

Tin is much better than chrome. Chrome is not all *that* shiny if it is
just chromed over a rough casting (some Chinese stuff is like that.)

> I'll look at it again, I'm in the supermarket all the time. No hurry to buy
> it, just something I saw and thought "ohhh I want that!"

It probably won't have much markings on it, but it should have a number
5, 8, 10, 12, 22, or 32 prominent in the casting; probably on the side
of the hopper/throat/whatever-you-call-it.

Best regards,
Bob