Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Keeps America Free

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 4:03:13 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:51:14 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 12:23:17 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >> https://www.theamericanconservative....-america-free/
> >>
> >> The All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Keeps America Free

> >I guess I'll just have to stay unfree. I can't eat more than one plate
> >of food and steam-table cuisine holds no attraction for me.

> Agreed, and in 99.9% of cases, buffet food is disgusting. At least the
> Western concept of buffet is disgusting. I do like the Asian approach
> where you cook your own fresh fish, meat and veggies at your own table
> though.

I've been to some buffets that were really excellent, especially
brunch buffet at a decent hotel. A whole table of various kinds of fish
(smoked and steamed, served cold). Omelets made to order. Delicious pastries.
Way back when, I actually could eat enough to make it worth ponying up the $20
or more--which was a lot of money in those days.

But that's not the kind of buffets under discussion in the article that
GM reposted.

Cindy Hamilton