Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default High-Fructose Corn Syrup

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 05:53:10 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:21:31 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 1:17:19 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:45:15 -0800 (PST), dsi1

>>> On TV, I saw an English woman order a tea in Texas somewhere. She was
>>> expecting a cup of hot tea. She got a bucket of cold, sweet
>>> something-or-other with a straw.

>>How unfortunate she did not research the local customs. Imagine the
>>disappointment of a Texan visiting England and receiving a cup of hot tea.

>There's nothing wrong with differences in local customs, of course.
>But that little scene was an indication of where all the diabetes in
>the US comes from. Too much of everything that's unhealthy.

When traveling in the US you must specify if you want hot tea or iced
tea. Iced tea is a common beverage here, available at all times of
the year and all venues. However, if you are traveling in the south,
and want iced tea you must specify that you do not want your iced tea
sweet if you want plain iced tea. Sweet-tea is (by long custom) a
beverage of the American south.
Janet US