Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default SOUP

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 06:10:56 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:50:04 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>> > :-) Best Turkey Soup I ever made was from a Thanksgiving turkey carcass once years ago. It had this well baked turkey flavor, and YUM-O! :-) After I carved off all the meat I could, I broke up and put all the bones and other trimmings into a big soup pot, added some salt and simmered the hell out of it, and WOW!! :-) Beat every canned soup out there, because it was HOME MADE!

>> I agree with you, John. Stock/broth made from all the turkey
>> bones and bits is the tastiest of all. Simmered for 24 hours very
>> low. It's my favorite. Much better than chicken done the same
>> way.

>I'll bet a Wild Turkey Soup would be YUM-O too! That delicious gamey flavor!! :-)
>
>John Kuthe...

Would taste like one of your Indian princesses.

Turkey is one soup I don't like, tastes like chicken soup that has
gone bad. I roast a turkey once a year for Thanksgiving (tradition),
I buy the smallest one I can find, on the second day the left overs
and the carcass go outside for the critters.... even our house cats
don't like turkey.