Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lasagna for dinner

That's twice so far this year! I used to make it once or twice a year
because it was such a pain but this way is pretty quick. I used to grate my
own cheese, make my sauce from scratch and add lots of sautéed veggies.

This time I gathered the four asst. jars of red sauce from the fridge and
mixed them together. And no, I'm not the one who opened all four jars.

I nuked a package of frozen chopped spinach then squeezed the liquid out.
Added this to a large container of ricotta cheese, then added asst. grated
and shredded Italian cheeses until it looked right. Also added black pepper.
Forgot the parsley but it seems fine without.

Layered it in a baking dish, adding a bit of the shredded and grated cheeses
on top. Then I nuked it! Didn't take long. only had to heat it through
because there was no egg and everything else was cooked. Used the American
Beauty lasagna noodles. I don't like the no boil.

Cheap, filling, tasty and easy!