Ellen

"Ed Bechtel" > wrote in message

> Every year the local newspaper has a recipe contest. Finally my wife tells

me
> to send in a recipe. I sent in Sourdough Kalamata Olive Pepper Jack bread
> recipe.
> Then I get a call and am told I am a finalist... Bring your food to the

mall on
> Saturday.
>
> I've never done this. It certainly was a case of the Heisenberg

uncertainty
> principal that they picked this recipe, (maybe they are tired of banana

nut
> breads).
>
> So.., What do I do? Does one cut the bread in advance, or bring a bread

knife
> and hope the judge doesn't hit a major artery? Should one include a

spread
> like cream cheese to mask the otherwise bizarre flavor of rosemary and
> jalepeno?
>
> Seriously. Any advice is welcome. I don't want to look like I'm not a
> professional contest entrant!

Congratulations! I suppose I would bake 2 loaves and then slice several
slices or half the loaf that looks the worst :-) And bring a knife to slice
more if they want more. You can arrange it all on a suitable plate. Actually
I might bake 2 on Friday and then get up at the crack of dawn and bake 2
more on Saturday -- just in case there is a crisis Sat morning you will have
backup bread. If you think that cream cheese enhances the flavor of the
bread then I would bring it.

So do the rest of us get the recipe so we can contemplate rosemary and
jalapeno together :-)

You need to tell us all where the mall is so anyone local can wander over,
stand in front of your bread and make suitable complimentary comments about
it ...

Ellen