Ross Reid

"Ol' Hippie" > wrote:

>I am looking for cans to can Tuna & Salmon. I have a hand canner and am
>having difficulty locating cans.
>8 oz - 16 oz preferred
>Bruce

You could check out Wells Can in British Columbia, Canada.
http://www.wellscan.ca/usfolder/indexusa.htm
If it were me and, it was something done annually, I think I'd switch
to glass jars.
Granted, a new glass jar costs more than a new can but, cans are a
one-shot deal whereas glass canning jars are reusable for years, they
only require the use of a new lid. New 8 oz. cans and lids runs
roughly $0.50 each unit, while a new lid for a glass jar runs roughly
$0.08.
I don't think it would take too long to amortize the cost of glass
jars.
Besides, you can see what you've got in a glass jar.
That's just my opinion and, since I have no intention of ever canning
salmon or tuna, I may be way off base.
Ross.
To email, remove the obvious from my address.