F.G. Whitfurrows

"Charles Howse" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have never made a vinegar based finishing sauce before, but yesterday I
> bit the bullet and made the following from a recipe on the Internet:
>
> 1 cup cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons salt
> 1 tablespoon brown sugar
> 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
> 1 teaspoon crushed cayenne
>
> This is WAY, WAY, WAY to vinegary, and too, too, too salty!
> The question is, how can I fix it? I don't want to throw it out (I know,
> it's only a cup of stuff, but still...).
> I'd like to learn how to fix something that doesn't taste right.
>

> TIA,
> Charles

Hey Charles, this is the sauce I make. Its alot like the sauces we would get
at the Q joints back home in Birmingham. Its got just a bit of ketchup in it
but trust me, its good sauce. And its really easy, too. You can adjust the
ketchup content to your liking. After you make the recipe taste it and just
add whatever you want til its the way you like it. Since you don't actually
cook anything it makes it simple to adjust.

FOSCO'S FAMOUS ALABAMA STYLE SAUCE
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1tbsp brown sugar