Thomas Cormen

Chef Juke > writes:

> I added some tomato paste to a recipe for Carolina vinegar sauce
> when I was trying to reproduce one I had in Lexington (at Jimmy's
> for those who care ) and it added some texture and cut the sharpness
> a little.

I care!! It's been over 6 years since we were in Lexington, but I
still have fond memories of Jimmy's. I read recently, however, that
Jimmy has switched over to...dare I say it...an electric smoker.

Nevertheless, CJ, if you have a recipe for a clone of Jimmy's sauce,
wouldja mind posting it?

On a completely different topic, let me add my best wishes to Dave
Bugg on the opening of his Q joint. I'm way too far and way too busy
to get over there for the big event, but I sure wish I could be there
to meet the afb crew. I lurk here constantly, post rarely, but I feel
like I know so many of you. Yet the closest I've come to meeting any
of you was meeting Big Jim's son in Macintosh last March. Anyway,
Dave, here's to you and your venture.

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Professor of Computer Science Fax: (603) 646-1672
Director, Writing Program Email:
Dartmouth College URL:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~thc/
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory