Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hank Rogers[_3_] Hank Rogers[_3_] is offline

Default Downtown guy set up a smoker

A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:40:58 PM UTC-4, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> A Moose in Love wrote:
>>> It's Oktoberfest, and the Main street(King)is closed for a few blocks. They have food carts, trucks, stalls set up. One guy set up a smoker. I looked at his prices. One price stood out: a brisket sandwich for $16.00 CD. Now i only glanced over there and don't know if sides were included. However, the guy has to pay for his spot. His rig. And brisket is not always cheap here.
>>>

>> Cruise down to new york. You will get the same chow for 15 USD cents
>> on any street corner or gin mill in brooklyn.
>>
>> Just tell them Popeye Katz sent yoose!

> OK. I've been thinking of driving down to Times Square for a coffee. I wonder if the Howard Johnson's is still there. I need to eat some clams!

The best clams in brooklyn are probably at Woolworth's lunch
counter. If they are gone, try one of Popeye's gin mills. There is
10 every block there. Yoose can get a drink of any booze for 5
cents. And, if yoose wear yoose sailor suit, yoose money is no good.
All the shit is free for yoose!