Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default notbob's minestrone

On 10/11/2019 3:34 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 3:20:54 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>> I don't know what you folks put in yer minestrone, but I've been recommending 2 Kroger's Organic 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes "in tomato juice" (it's

> I'd have to make a special trip to Kroger.

Ditto. I'd have to drive to Hilton Head Island to find a Kroger
supermarket.

> I generally use Dei Fratelli, which is a southeastern/midwestern brand.
> If they're on sale, I use Muir Glen fire-roasted.
>
> Diced, not crushed.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've tried the Muir Glen canned tomatoes, they're nice. I live only a
few miles away from actual tomato farms and a tomato processing plant.

I couldn't begin to tell you which brand names those trucked out
tomatoes wind up in as canned diced or crushed or whole peeled tomatoes.
Or as ketchup or tomato paste.

I like nb's minestrone recipe, don't get me wrong. But I don't give a
lot of thought to the canned tomatoes.

Jill