Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Birthday wine, plus BTG at Blue Hill Stone Barns (LONG)

On 10/4/19 1:14 PM, DaleW wrote:
> It was my birthday, but we both had long days, and our big night out was scheduled for following day. But I wanted to have some wine on my birthday, so Betsy invited one other couple. They made and brought a chicken liver mousse, we did sous vide strip steak and some DArtagnan sausages (wild boar and duck/armagnac) , greens, and potatoes

Happy Birthday! For some reason, I'd thought that you were part of the
April birthday crowd.

> 2007 Chandon de Briailles €śIle de Vergelesses€ťPernand-Vergelesses
> Tart red fruits (raspberry and cranberry), blood orange, bright. B+/B

Thanks for the notes. It sounds like it's still pretty tight (which
some notes on CT seem to support), and Gilman does suggest a 2017-2035
drinking window. I think I'll hold onto my remaining 3 bottles a bit
longer in hopes that it opens up more. So much for the early drinking
2007 vintage

<SNIP Stone Barn menu>

Wow, what a meal! I'm not sure that it would be to the tastes of Jean
and Andy, though. Was the emphasis on vegetables a theme for the
evening, or a recurrent theme?

Mark Lipton