Dave Bugg

Charles Howse wrote:

> 1 cup cider vinegar
> 2 tablespoons salt
> 1 tablespoon brown sugar
> 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
> 1 teaspoon crushed cayenne
>
> This is WAY, WAY, WAY to vinegary, and too, too, too salty!
> The question is, how can I fix it? ....

Hi, Charles. Add equal amounts of brown and white sugars in 1 tablespoon
increments until it is at the sweetness level you'd like. As to the salt,
use a large grained salt -- kosher or pickling, etc -- and start with half
of what you used. Table salt, by volume, will give more saltiness than an
equal measure of kosher.

Vinegar-based sauces are great with pork!!! That said, it is something that
may take folks some getting used to if they have never had Carolina-styled
sauces.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que