Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Donald[_4_] Donald[_4_] is offline

Default Sourdough with an automatic bread maker?

Eric . . .

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 07:38:24 -0700 (PDT), Eric Graham
> wrote:

>I also have an old Kitchenaid stand mixer (bulky, but no where to hide it), but have not been able to get it to knead my sourdough dough -- I think my dough is just too hydrated and the mixer with the dough hook doesn't seem to work well at all (even with a doubled recipe).

When I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer it works well for kneading. But
I use a different process than most here do. I use a liquid starter
and it's added, with warm water, to the dry ingredients much like a
traditional bread recipe. I don't use a dough based starter.

Donald

Join the Icom group, a general Icom (amateur radio) discussion
group on Groups.io:
https://groups.io/g/ICOM (recently launched, growing slowly)
**also, a new self-help group dedicated to your cat's health:
https://groups.io/g/CatVet (just launched)