Julie Bove

> wrote in message
> Hi, I am having a terrible time with this disease. My Doctor is to busy
> to give much advice at all. I'm only allowed 40 carbs a day. I live
> alone and fixing foods that keep me satisfied is not easy. I feel crappy
> all the time. It's as if I'm dying. My feet have been burning for over 3
> years now. (Was diagnosed in Dec. of 2003.) My dr. offers no solution to
> the burning. It's like standing on the hot sand of a beach and I can't
> run from it. Does anyone have some kind of suggestion. I'm about to give
> up.

First let me say that you should also post this to alt.support.diabetes.
The food group doesn't get a lot of traffic. You'll get more responses
there.

When you say you are only allowed 40 carbs per day... Do you mean 40
servings? 40 g of carbs? Who devised this diet for you? Have you seen a
dietician? Do you test your BG? If so, how are your numbers?

The symptoms you decribe of burning feet are indiciative of diabetic
neuropathy. That's nerve damage caused by the high blood sugar of diabetes.
It was this symptom and others that led me to diagnosis. I find that if I
keep my BG (blood glucose) in normal range, the symptoms are usually
non-existant. I also take Evening Primrose oil, 2,000 mg each morning and
night. It really helps me. I know this because I ran out and didn't take
any for a couple of days. The pain in my feet began to come back.

What kind of Dr. are you seeing? You need a neurologist to diagnose
neuropathy. You should probably see an endocrinologist if you can, for the
diabetes. General practitioners are often not up to date about diabetes and
are not necessarily the best choice.

<snip>

--
See my webpage: