Larry Noah

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:56:17 -0700, mtbchip > wrote:

>I have used pecan, hickory, peach, apple, maple, alder. I have seen on the
>nakedwiz.com a list of recommended woods to use and not to use.
>
>I did not see if Macadamia was included. I have a GREAT tree, yields lots
>of nuts every season. I trim the tree often, and have a lot of wood.
>
>Has anyone tried or have any information about using Macadamia wood for
>smoke.
>

>What other woods have you used?
>
>Share with the NG!!!
>
>Mtbchip, San Diego......... Californication of course

I don't have access to Macadamia wood, but trees that bear nuts are
usually on the 'use' list. One way to find out is to try it. If it
works for you who cares what the rules are.

I have used some of the same woods that you have. I have found that
maple should be cured longer than some others. Also, I have found
that sugar maple (which my neighbor has) is better for my taste than
silver maple (which I have). I have also used mulberry with sucess.
We have a female tree. I have not tried the wood from the male tree.