Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Red beans AND rice

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:15:27 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

> On 9/13/2019 7:45 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:35:57 -0500, Terry Coombs >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Â* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
> >> tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
> >> Andouille sausage for it .

> > That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

> Â* And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
> nothing about . Here's a link ...
> https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/

I had heard that red beans and rice was a favorite of Louisiana housewives
from many years ago and was cooked and eaten on Monday. Monday was wash day
and could take many hours to finish. The beans were started in the morning
and simmered most all day and did not take much attention but would be ready
to eat by the time the husband come home from work.

I had a _cup_ one time many, many years ago and it was absolutely lip smacking
delicious!! The next day I had gas so bad I could not stand myself.