Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default National Fried Rice Day

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 5:08:37 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> I heard this mentioned on the news this morning. Funny too as I
> planned to make some today anyway. I just now turned off the
> stove and have made 3 cups rice (cooked) to be used for fried
> rice later.

That's totally awesome as well as simultaneously being totally whacked. My guess is that nobody picks the 13th of the month as any kind of day - except maybe national bad-luck day.

The truth is that you don't have to use old rice to make fried rice. You can use just cooked rice too. That old myth is just something the Chinese say to throw off the white devils. Now you know - please keep that info under your hat.