Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default recreating lost posts

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 21:22:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/2/2019 8:50 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2019 07:45:40 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>>> What's lost on him is I'm more frequently critical of Australia than
>>> the U.S, but not so much in this group due to so few Australians in
>>> here.

>> Yes, Australian or Dutch politics are only local entertainment.
>> American politics are international entertainment, especially since
>> Trump.

>>> Pocahontas??

>> I believe her name is Elizabeth Warren. Trump called her Pocahontas,
>> because she says she has a bit of native American in her ancestry. For
>> once, I thought he was funny.
>>

>Correct. Now she is apologizing for the false claim.

I don't think she was wrong by saying she has a native American
ancestor, but she was wrong to call herself a native American. Isn't
that right?

>So far, the field of candidates is laughable. Vote for me and I'll give
>you stuff for free. So far, the only choice from either party is "none
>of the above"

Pocahontas might be too progressive for many Americans. On the other
hand Trump's trailing behind against just about everybody else. On the
third hand, he was also trailing behind in the polls the last time,
when he won.

It would be good if it was a woman this time, though.