Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Civic Holiday dinner

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 3:41:47 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:59:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 1:18:04 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> >> Are you kidding? A slice or two of tomato is mandatory for a hamburger,
> >> along with onions, mustard and relish.

> >I'm not kidding. I'm not a big fan of hamburger sandwiches and have no notions about what's supposed to be in one of them.

> When I was a kid, the hamburgers that I ate had really thin,
> tasteless, patty and a mixture of mayo and mustard on the top and some
> ketchup mixed with pickle relish on the bottom. That was all. It
> wasn't good or anything but I did have the 25 cents it took to get
> one. I probably would have ditched the tomatoes, lettuce, and onions,
> if they had the audacity to try to sneak those in.
> >
> >One of my favorite cheap burgers is the Teriyaki Jack from Jack in the Box. That has a thick slice of tomato on it. I like to slide that off on to the wrapper.

> The tomato with teriyaki sauce will slide all over the place making
> for a most unstable sandwich. Sometimes you can get one with a slice
> of Spam. That makes a sandwich as awkward as an elephant in the Ice
> Capades.
> >
> >https://i1.wp.com/www.tastyislandhaw...size=700%2C564

> That Mystery Meat burger looks disgusting... even that smushy bun
> looks sick, use a hard roll. Try a real home ground burger with a
> thick slab of home grown vine ripened beefsteak tomato... sometimes I
> also like a thick slice of Vidalia onion. Hamburger with Spam is
> TIAD-GACK... it's one or the other. My favorite burger topping is
> Hellman's Sandwich Spread. Not always easy to find but costs a lot
> less at stupidmarkets:
> https://www.amazon.com/hellmans-sand...andwich+spread

The Teri-Jr-Jack is not compelling in looks, it's just tasty. I have not had it with Spam nor am I planning to. I will agree that it's mystery meat but the reality is that eating these days requires that one puts their trust/faith in the food supply chain. I certainly have and it ain't killed me yet.. Heck, I even trust Chinese food. You're just letting fear rule your life. As we all know, fear is an important motivation in 2019 America.