Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Civic Holiday dinner

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:59:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 1:18:04 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Are you kidding? A slice or two of tomato is mandatory for a hamburger,
>> along with onions, mustard and relish.

>I'm not kidding. I'm not a big fan of hamburger sandwiches and have no notions about what's supposed to be in one of them.

When I was a kid, the hamburgers that I ate had really thin,
tasteless, patty and a mixture of mayo and mustard on the top and some
ketchup mixed with pickle relish on the bottom. That was all. It
wasn't good or anything but I did have the 25 cents it took to get
one. I probably would have ditched the tomatoes, lettuce, and onions,
if they had the audacity to try to sneak those in.

>One of my favorite cheap burgers is the Teriyaki Jack from Jack in the Box. That has a thick slice of tomato on it. I like to slide that off on to the wrapper.

The tomato with teriyaki sauce will slide all over the place making
for a most unstable sandwich. Sometimes you can get one with a slice
of Spam. That makes a sandwich as awkward as an elephant in the Ice
Capades.

>https://i1.wp.com/www.tastyislandhaw...size=700%2C564

That Mystery Meat burger looks disgusting... even that smushy bun
looks sick, use a hard roll. Try a real home ground burger with a
thick slab of home grown vine ripened beefsteak tomato... sometimes I
also like a thick slice of Vidalia onion. Hamburger with Spam is
TIAD-GACK... it's one or the other. My favorite burger topping is
Hellman's Sandwich Spread. Not always easy to find but costs a lot
less at stupidmarkets:
https://www.amazon.com/hellmans-sand...andwich+spread