Posted to rec.food.preserving
Drew Lawson Drew Lawson is offline

Default Finally, Plinking!

As I've admittted before, my garden year started later than it
should. But it is good to finally have something in jars. I'm
small fry for this group, but enjoy that it exists.

Tonight's actual canning is just 14 pints of Blue Lake beans (a bit
more mature than ideal -- had to string them).

But I also have about 30 quarts of tomato puree heating on the
stove. I'm guessing after it cooks down, and I add meat, it will
make 12-15 quarts of pasta sauce. With life and work demands, that
will probably be canned next weekend.

Otherwise, I am sitting here, separating seeds from stems in a bowl
full of freshly cut, dry standing, dill seed heads. While my
cucumbers on hand are marginal, they are better than last batch,
so I hope for dill relish this weekend. Maybe in the morning.

--
Drew Lawson | I'd like to find your inner child