Posted to alt.food.wine
greybeard[_2_] greybeard[_2_] is offline

Default TN: Patio wines- Italy, Rhine, Kremstal, Champagne, US

On 6/08/19 6:27 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 8/1/19 7:23 PM, greybeard wrote:
>
>> Nothing to apologise for Dale. There is local ( to me ) winery with
>> a "wither' in the name and I thought it be an export version of theirs.
>> Not that I buy industrial swill brands from the supermarket!

> Do you consider Wither Hills to be an industrial swill brand? In the
> past, I've had a number of very creditable wines from them.
>
> Mark Lipton

Yeah, sort of. I don't drink much white wine and there are hundreds of
options for chardonnay, sav blanc and pinot gris ( the most popular
varieties) that I stick to the premium brands.
Wither Hills sits on supermarket middle shelf ~$20-$25 so one notch up
from swill? :-)
Drink quality not quantity.

With pan fried scotch fillet, pan fried potato, broccoli and a couple of
'shrooms swimming in butter
1996 Leoville Barton medium red, tending to black, not bricked.
Lovely aroma filling the room on opening and decant. Smooth on palate
balanced acidity and strong finish. The 12.5% alc welcome and refreshing
when most wines these days tend to be 14+