The Old Bear

Default So, who's the #2 home food mixer?

shipwreck > writes:

>From: shipwreck >
>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>Subject: So, who's the #2 home food mixer?
>Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:14:00 GMT
>
>If KitchenAid is the #1 home mixer, with probably 75% of the market,
>who comes in at #2? I'm not talking about handhelds. Is it Viking,
>Bosch, Electrolux, JennAir? I'm sure I'm missing someone as well.

I really don't know - but I sure would like to own one of these model
AR5 varimixers in the smallest (5 liter) size:

http://www.bohec.com/products/bear.html

http://www.bearvarimixer.com

They're made in Denmark and look like they're built for small
commercial or institutional kitchens. The fact that they're "Bears"
is also a plus.

I just can't seem to find out if they're sold in the U.S.

Even if they're only available for 220v, I already have a European-
style 220v outlet in my kitchen to use with some appliances which my
wife had when she lived in Switzerland. Of course, it is 60Hz rather
than the 50Hz common in the UK and Europe.

Cheers,
The Old Bear