Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg
KlausSchadenfreude KlausSchadenfreude is offline

Default Burger King's Impossible Whopper goes nationwide starting next week - It supposedly tastes the same as a meat-based burger

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>> Why it matters: Plant-based burgers may not sound all that appealing for
>> meat
>> lovers but it's one of those things that is tough to knock until you try.
>> If
>> nothing else, the Impossible Whopper may be a bit healthier than the
>> traditional version as it has roughly 15 percent less fat and 90 percent
>> less
>> cholesterol.
>>
>> Burger King earlier this year started market testing a meat-free version
>> of
>> its famous Whopper in select restaurants in the St. Louis area. Now, the
>> burger chain is preparing to take the Impossible Whopper nationwide.
>>
>> From August 8, you'll be able to order an Impossible Whopper at one of
>> over
>> 7,000 BK locations across the country - either on-site or through
>> DoorDash.
>>
>> Built around a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods, the Impossible
>> Whopper doesn't contain any beef yet retains the same texture and taste as
>> traditional meat. It's so convincing that even Burger King's corporate
>> staff
>> that is very familiar with the iconic burger had a hard time
>> differentiating
>> between a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper.
>>
>> Burger King isn't the only fast-food chain to experiment with plant-based
>> alternatives. Early this year, Carl's Jr. partnered with Beyond Meat to
>> bring
>> its animal-free creation to more than 1,000 locations across the country.
>> You
>> can also find Impossible Burgers at select Red Robin, White Castle,
>> Hopdoddy
>> and Fatburger locations.
>>
>> From August 8 through September 1, Burger King will run a promotion in
>> which
>> DoorDash users can order a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper for
>> just $7 with free delivery - a bit of a taste test, if you will. Normally,
>> the Impossible Whopper sells for $5.59.
>>
>> --
>> Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
>> watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
>tasting it or reviewing it.

Yes, it's a burger.

https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again

Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.

While it's not surprising that you had no idea that this WAS, in fact,
a burger, you really should keep your mouth shut and not makes such
declarations. If you don't want to taste or review it, that's fine,
however. We will permit that.

>I do however admit that it's fast-food and tehrefore on-topic here, so if
>other peaple want to discuss it, go right ahead just leave me out.

What makes you think you were included?