Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Civic Holiday dinner

I wasn't very hungry and had little interest in dinner. We had been out
to Canal Days in Port Colborne and we had shwarma for lunch. It was
piled high with chicken and miscellaneous extras. I was ready to take a
pass on dinner, but my wife suggested that we could use up a bag of
shrimp that was in the freezer as a nice,light dinner. We put the
shrimp in a bowl of water to thaw while I made a marinade of lemon
juice, olive oil, lots of garlic, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, some
ketchup, salt, pepper, hot sauce and parsley. I put the shrimp in to
marinade for about and hour, then stuck them on skewers. I had a roll
and some salad with it. It was fantastic.