Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: Patio wines- Italy, Rhine, Kremstal, Champagne, US

With halibut, squash, salad, the 2015 Withers €śPeters Vineyard€ť Chardonnay. Pear fruit wth a nutty edge, good acids, nice length. B/B+

Friday was ribeye and margherita pizza all on the grill, with the salad and the 2015 Felsina Chianti Classico. Black cherry with surprisingly abundant herbal notes, good length, nice. B+/B

Saturday we had over friends for a vaguely Asian fusion dinner.

Oysters on half shell with €śAsian mignonette€ť (shallot with ponzu and fish sauce) and shiso
2006 Bereche €śMontagne€ť Champagne. I generally like Bereche but I found this to be somewhat dull and heavy, despite decent acids. Vanilla and brioche, not my style, others loved. B-/C+

I had done 5 spice chicken on grill, Betsy made sesame noodles and Chinese spinach with sesame , friends brought green salad

2018 Withers Rose- super corked!

2018 Keller Riesling Trocken
Brisk, green apple and citrus, just a hint of sugar, nice length for level. B+

2015 Nigl Freiheit Gruner Veltliner
Touch of fizz, pit fruit with lemon, hint of peas. Good acids and good food wine. B

2012 Maravalle Francisioni €ť1897 Tenuta Vitalonga€ť
Some kind of super-Umbria blend. Blackberry jam, mocha, plush. Says 14% but seems higher. Not really my style. Heaviest still 750 bottle Ive ever seen- 2 lbs 12 ounces empty. C+/B-

Last night she made a great dish of clams with corn, leek, and fennel, with the 2017 Collestefano Verdicchio di Matelica Salinity and minerality over dry peach and apple fruit, some floral notes, fun with clams. B+/B