Emrys Davies

Default how do you flavor beef stew ?

'Abdul',

In my slow cooker I use stewing beef, potatoes, carrots, swede,
parsnips, onions, turnip, garlic puree, black pepper and fine sea salt
in well balanced amounts.

You can also add a sachet of 'Bouquet Garni', which includes thyme,
parsley, bay and marjoram.

In the end it is a matter of likes and dislikes and the experimentation
is well worth the effort until you get it right.

Taste as you cook and add spices according to your taste.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"abdul rahim" > wrote in message
om...
> crockpot does a nice job of softening up the beef, carrots, and

potatoes, but
> what can you add to flavor beef stew?
>
> tastes kind of bland with just salt and pepper. any spicing/flavoring

ideas? thanks