Posted to alt.food.sushi
werewolf werewolf is offline

Default Powdered seasonings on Sashimi

On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 1:09:09 PM UTC-7, Ken Blake wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:02:50 -0700 (PDT), werewolf
>

> >Once back in Queens, NY a feller brought me to a sushi restaurant. He said it was great. The sushi chef sprinkled SUGAR all over the fish and everything in my chirashi. I'd never encountered that before. It ruined everything. Has anyone ever heard of that?

> I've never heard of it. It sounds terrible. i wonder if he possibly
> made a mistake and thought he was sprinkling something else.

It totally ruined the taste of the fish. My friend and his wife didn't seem to mind it at all. I think they said they always do that there (it was a number of years ago). I still can't figure out what that was all about.

Truth is I hardly ever eat raw fish anymore. Getting sick from pigging out on it at the Todai in CA cured me of the habit. That wasn't the first time I'd gotten sick from sushi either.

One place I want to go to is in CA that specializes in uni. I love uni.

I still like to watch videos of sashimi served in Japan.