graham

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

"Ed Bechtel" > wrote in message

> ... recipe contest ... I sent in Sourdough Kalamata Olive Pepper
> Jack bread recipe ... I am a finalist... Does one cut the bread in
> advance?

I never entered a contest, but every now and then I take in a couple of
loaves to the folks where I used to work. It is quite amazing to see
how they will butcher and/or tear up an uncut loaf, even though I have
left cheap serrated knives and bread boards there from time to time.

My recommendation: cut several slices in advance, maybe up to
half the loaf. Package the bread, particularly the slices, so drying
out does not occur. Bring an attractive bread board.

Why not take two loaves? One for display and one cut.
Graham