Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default GMO? Organic?? what is your level of knowledge?

On 5/17/2019 12:01 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 9:41:44 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/17/2019 11:49 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> I watched a new movie today...... it is free on line for a few more days.... and I learned some valuable things.
>>>
>>> I highly recommend this film. I had some ideas about GMO foods, Roundup and organic foods that were wrong. I think we would all like to have our bodies feel better.
>>>
>>> take the time to watch, you won't regret it
>>>
>>> https://freeshowing.secretingredient...a-2f4aeb24d347
>>>

>> Its an hour and 20 minutes. I'm not ready to invest that time to see
>> what their agenda is. They should make a condensed version.

> There is a 3 minute trailer. Their agenda is education about these things and your health.
> https://secretingredientsmovie.com/trailer/

Â* Well , sorta . Their message is that GMO's are bad . But not
(necessarily) because they're GMO's . Mostly because they're doused with
Roundup , which is BadShit in my book . My wife's digestive problems all
started around the time Roundup came into widespread use . Some plants ,
it IS because of GMO genetics - some of them have Bacillus Thurigensis
genes which produce a toxin that kills predator insects . That shit
ain't good for humans either . Ed , IMO it's worth at least a cursory
watch . Play it while you're cooking dinner or something . IMO there's
enough evidence that the stuff should be yanked from the market , but
the money ... fattest wallet usually wins in these cases .
Â* Side note - because they often use Roundup to desiccate wheat just
before harvest I use a premium flour to bake all our bread products .
Non- GMO and Roundup-free . This year I'm growing some corn out in the
garden as a test . We'll see if home grown without Roundup causes her
intestinal distress like commercial products do .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old