Old 17-05-2019, 01:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default Corned Beef

On Thu, 16 May 2019 15:51:47 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
wrote:

Corned beef just went on sale at the supermarket I shop for $2.99/lb. I
bought a three pound flat. I generally eat corned beef once a year for
St. Pat's Day. Other times, the price is generally atrocious.
It turns out that their St. Pat's corned beef has a sell by date of
5/21 at this supermarket. They didn't sell it all for the big day and
upped the price afterward until the sell by date approached. I'll have
to remember the sell by date next year and plan accordingly.
So I'm going to cook it today, refrigerate it and figure out what to do
with it tomorrow. There's lots of stuff I "could do". I just haven't
decided what yet. It won't go to waste.

I usually go for the Point cut, way lower cost, AND better taste.

But corned beef hash is always good, and sandwiches, of course.