Old 26-04-2019, 03:49 PM posted to rec.food.preserving
Randal Oulton Randal Oulton is offline

Default Pickle Crisp and Fermented pickles

On Thursday, 25 April 2019 08:54:03 UTC-4, notbob wrote:
On 4/25/2019 5:28 AM, songbird wrote:

it would seem rather strange to me to call a calcium
chloride solution by the name pickle crisp if i were
actually meaning to use the generic chemical food grade
version.

Using a name of "Pickle Crisp" is a no-brainer fer someone. I mean, why
NOT re-name an existing item for profit. It's the American Way.

nb

Yes, imagine renaming something generic and trying to sell it to people for ten times the price, next thing you know they'll be trying to bottle water and do the same -- lol.